SAINT PETER Church
Placed in the Vatican (an independent state in the Italian territory) overlooking St. Peter's Square Bernini's masterpiece. This basilica is the spiritual center of Christendom and Bramante, Raphael, G. da Sangallo, Peruzzi, A. da Sangallo In 1547 Michelangelo which remains the apse and dome of the largest masonry work ever.
Later on, Maderno built the façade and, by order of the Pope, the Greek cross plan of the church from a Latin cross. Preceded by a huge staircase, the facade has columns including emerging open windows. The largest, the middle one is the benediction loggia.
The lobby is decorated with stucco work of Maderno and mosaics, particularly interesting is the mosaic "The Spaceship" by Giotto. Five bronze doors lead inside, one of them, the holy door opens only during Jubilees. The church is imposing and grandiose. At the center under the luminous dome decorated with mosaics, and above the papal altar stands the bronze baldachin by Bernini. On the right stands the bronze statue of St Peter A. di Cambio, with the right foot worn down by the kiss of millions of the faithful. In the right aisle there is the Pieta, Michelangelo's marble group. In the Apse the magnificent St. Peter's Chair bronze work by Bernini.
And 'possible to visit the dome from which you can enjoy an exceptional panorama of Rome.
Go to stop Lepanto - line 19 for 4 stops (s.pietroi) - walk for 450 m
The Gallery of Tapestries, held since 1814 AD in rooms decorated during the pontificate of Pope Pius VI.
The Gallery of Maps with cards painted on the walls in forty boxes, decorated under Gregory XIII and restored during the reign of Pope Urban VIII.
The Sobieski Room, so called from the painting of John III Sobieski, king of Poland, which occupies an entire wall.
The Hall of the Immaculate Conception, located in the Borgia tower, containing frescoes relating to the dogma of the Immaculate Conception.
Le Stanze di Raffaello, whose name is due to the frescoes by Raphael in four rooms belonging to the ancient residence of Julius II.
The Sistine Chapel takes its name from the founder Sixtus IV and is home to the famous Michelangelo's frescoes on the ceiling and on the wall with the "Last Judgement".
The Borgia Apartment, founded by Pope Alexander IV Borgia, decorated with frescoes by Pinturicchio inspired by the classical world and the Roman mythology.
The Vatican Pinacoteca, by Pope Pius XI in 1932 AD in a separate building near the new entrance to the Museums.
The Missionary-Ethnological Museum was founded by Pius XI ordered initially in the upper floors of the Lateran Palace and then transported, under Pope John XXIII, in the same building where exhibits include the former Lateran collections.
The Collection of Modern Religious Art and Contemporary Art, commissioned by Pope Paul VI and the Carriage Pavilion set up in 1973, the rooms made at the Square Garden.
Go to stop Lepanto-line 130 for 5 stops (Petroselli) - walk for 500 m
The Trevi Fountain in Rome, built under Pope Clement XII around 1735 AD long Poli Palace, was designed by architect Nicholas Salvi and is still fed by the Virgin designed in 19 BC Consul Agrippa. The penthouse dellaFontana Trevi is decorated with four statues representing personified, from the left, "Abundance of fruit," Agostino Corsini, "The Fertility of the fields" by Bernardino Ludovisi, "The Gifts of Autumn" by Francesco Queirolo and "the Amenity grassland" DiBartolomeo Pincellotti and culminated by a large inscription commissioned by Pope Clement XII, whose coat of arms at the top, is flanked by two of Paul Benavides Fame. In the biggest niche in the center, flanked by Corinthian columns, the imposing statue of Oceanus, designed by Giovan Battista Maini but sculpted by Pietro Bracci, leads a shell-shaped chariot driven by a newt and pulled by two winged sea horses, one angry and the other placid while the sides are located personifications of Health and Abundance DiFilippo Della Valle. The small Trevi square, home to the most famous fountain in Rome, is probably the most crowded by the visitors, who, as tradition has it, throw a coin in the tub
Go to stop Lepanto - Underground A for 3 stops (Barberini) - walk for 650 m
Go to stop Ferrari / Ricciotti - Line 280 for 8 stops (Piazza delle Rovere) walk for 350 m
It was built by Emperor Hadrian as his mausoleum in 130 AD. It held the remains of the Imperial family until aCaracalla. At the height of Victor Emmanuel II bridge on Tiber Castle stands the massive size of the castle. The original work was very different from what you can see today.
Under emperor Aurelian it was transformed into a castle, in the eleventh century a tower was added and in 1277 it became the property of the Vatican papal apartments were added. The Angel of the eighteenth century bronze which gives its name to the castle comes from an ancient legend that dates back to the terrible plague of 590. According to the history of the plague ended thanks to the appearance of an angel that landed on the mausoleum and made the gesture of put your sword as a symbol of grace granted.
E 'was used as a place of refuge in time of popes and imprisonment. To make it safer in 1277 was built the so-called small step that it joined to the Vatican. The passageway is a long fortified corridor that allowed the passage of the popes from the Vatican to the castle. Today it houses the National Museum of Castel Sant'Angelo There are collections of weapons and documents about the history of the castle. You can visit all environments, from the jail to the pope's apartments all the many rooms full of decorations.
Go to stop Ferrari - line 280 for 6 stops (Reconciliation) - walk 200 m
Imposing monument considered a masterpiece of Roman architecture. And 'one of the best preserved ancient monuments in the world. It was built by the consul Agrippa in 27 BC
It is located in Piazza della Rotonda near Piazza Minerva. So named because it was a temple dedicated to several deities. It was restored by Domitian and it has survived almost intact in the reconstruction carried out by Hadrian in 130 AD In 609, the temple was donated by Emperor Phocas to Pope Boniface IV, and was transformed into a church, which favored its excellent preservation to the present day.
Go to stop Lepanto - Line 30 for 2 stops (Zanardelli) - on foot for 450
The area of Piazza Navona in Rome follows the size and shape of the ancient Stadium of Domitian the Roman era; arena oltre270 meters long and about 55 wide, built around 86 AD and able to accommodate up to 33,000 people. After being restored by Alexander Severus, and have found the current arrangement for the intervention of Pope Innocent X in the square were organized until the nineteenth century, various kinds of events, celebrations, and during the month of August, when the square was flooded closing the fountains, and even naval battles. The name "Piazza Navona" probably originated from the competitions that took place in the area.
Piazza Navona is longitudinalmete marked by the presence of three fountains; side the "Fountain of Neptune or Calderoni" and "Fountain of the Moor" should be the designs of Giacomo della Porta, while the central "Fountain of the Rivers" was designed by Bernini between 1648 and 1651 AD In front of it stands on the ruins of the Stadium of Domitian and an ancient basilica can still be visited from the basement of the building, the Greek cross church of St. Agnes in Agony, which was designed initially by G. Rinaldi, was completed in 1652 by Borromini with the characteristic concave facade, twin bell towers and dome.
Go to stop Lepanto - Line 30 for 3 stops (Renaissance) - walk for 100 m
The Colosseum in Rome was built of brick and covered with travertine in a valley between the Palatine, Esquiline and Celio after having drained a small lake that Nero used for the Domus Aurea.
The four-storey building, with a height of 48.50 meters and an extension elliptical covering an area of about 19000 square meters, measure the minor to the major axis 188m and 156m. The first floor is 10.50m high with semi-Doric, the second highest of about two meters is formed by ionic columns, the third highest 11.60m has Corinthian columns while the fourth is brick with small square windows. At this level there are also holes for the support beams of the curtain which, in ancient times, it was used to protect the spectators from the hot sun.
The Colosseum in Rome is made up of fields to which you could access through stairs and tunnels in which, during the shows, were placed sellers of chickpeas, drinks and pillows. The elliptical arena of the Flavian Amphitheatre, which measures approximately 77m along the axes 46, was formed by a plank of wood covered with sand.
To access it, there were two entrances: to the west the "Gateway Triumphalis", from which came the gladiators or animals, and to the east the "Gateway Libitinensis", which were taken away from the lifeless bodies of the wrestlers (from Labitinia Goddess of Death) .
Go to stop Lepanto - 7 subway stops (Manzoni) - Line 3 for 3 femate (Coliseum) - walk 50 m
It can be reached from the Capitol down along the Palace of the Senators or behind the monument to Vittorio Emanuele IIe along Via dei Fori Imperiali. It was very damaged by the barbarian invasions. In 1700 the excavations brought to light important treasures of Romanesque art.
To the right of the main entrance you can see the ruins of the Basilica Emilia, erected in 179 BC The pavement of the ancient road called Argiletum divides the Curia which was the ancient seat of the Roman Senate. Just behind it stands the great arch of Severus, built in 203 Seventh three arches separated by white columns and remained almost intact. On the right, leaving the bow at the back there are the stands that the Rostra from which orators spoke Romans.
In front of the Rostra stands the Column of Phocas and the circular temple of Vesta, where the sacred fire perpetually burning symbol of the continuity of life in Rome and the house of the Vestal Virgins consecrated to continuously feed the flame. Along the Via Sacra to the left meet the Temple of Antoninus and Faustina and the Basilica of Maxentius.
The Sacred Way ends at the Arch of Titus.
Go to stop Lepanto-line 130 for 5 stops (Petroselli) - walk for 500 m
THE SPANISH STEPS
The irregular shape of the Piazza di Spagna in Rome widens in front of the Pincio hill, at the foot of the steps of the Trinita dei Monti and as an ideal starting point for the famous and fashionable Via Condotti. The current form of the whole area begins to take shape around the early 500 when launched, designed by Carlo Maderno, the construction of the Franciscan Church of Trinita dei Monti, then consecrated by Pope Sixtus V in 1587 AD
As long as there were no funds to carry out the steps, backed by a bequest in 1660 of diplomatic franceseStefano Gueffier, and were not resolved disputes over ownership of the land, the connection between the top of the hill and the Spanish Steps was formed by a pair of paths that came down through the trees.
The steps of the Trinita dei Monti was born only between 1723 and 1726 AD by Francesco De Sanctis, as a series of ramps and terraces, never tied to some form of spatial symmetry and a constant motion through the use of scenic paths straight, curved and poliganali. The square where the Jesuit college of "Propaganda Fide" in 1662 AD, the last work of Borromini, and the column of the Immaculate nineteenth century, called the "Spanish Steps" in the seventeenth century, when the entire area is considered territory which is part of the Embassy of Spain. At the foot of the steps of the Trinita dei Monti, Pietro Bernini, father of the more famosoGianlorenzo, due to the low pressure water supply in the area, choose to create a fountain without water jets that bubbles forth from the forms of a sunken boat; sculpts so what is regarded, rightly, one of the most unique fountains of Rome: the "Fountain of the Old Boat
Go allafermata Lepanto - A metro for 2 stops (Spain) - walk for 350 m
Rome's Trastevere is considered by many as the most authentic Roman neighborhood, because, although not far from the major tourist areas of the city has maintained its characteristic rhythm and lifestyle. The urban fabric, full of cafes and markets, is wrapped in a vast network of narrow streets around the main square of Santa Maria in Trastevere.
The church was founded around 220 A.D. was rebuilt with the addition of the tower in 1138 AD by Pope Innocent II and finished, by Pope Clement XI, with the portico in front of the facade designed by Carlo Fontana in 1702 AD On the front are applied some mosaics dating from the twelfth, depicting the Virgin and Child Enthroned with a procession of the Ten Virgins; the interior, however, with columns and capitals, probably originating in an ancient Egyptian temple, is furnished well as mosaics and frescoes by Pietro Cavallini in the apse, from the ceiling by Domenichino and decorations by Carlo Maratta. Near the church of Santa Maria in Trastevere is also possible to visit the Accademia dei Lincei founded in the first years of '600 by Federico Cesi and the Galleria Corsini where they hosted many works of the period that ranges from Mannerism to the Baroque Guido Reni, Lanfranco , Tiepolo, Canaletto, Carlo Maratta and Luca Giordano.
Go to stop Ferrari / Ricciotti - Line 280 for 11 stops (MFA / Trilussa) walk for 400 m.
We are pleased if you are satisfied. Our customers expressed a very positive view of the living room we spent ...
Via Giuseppe Ferrari 11, 00195 Roma
Copyright © 2014 Orsini Reali LLC, All Rights Reserved.
Sito web realizzato da Web Agency Roma rekuest.com*